As features editor on one of the world’s leading Linux publications, your role will principally involve producing a body of the written work within the magazine each issue to weekly deadlines. This would include writing news, competing tutorials and writing features that will appeal to the magazine’s highly technical readership. Other responsibilities will include commissioning features and tutorials to our experienced team of freelance writers, liaising with clients and generating ideas for future magazine content.
If you think you can help maintain the magazine’s leading position we want to hear from you.
Freelance writers with extensive knowledge of the LAMP stack can contact the editor directly via:
The job will provide the successful candidate with an exciting day-to-day role and exposure to the latest technologies including computers, smartphones & digital home hardware and the chance to work alongside the biggest names in the open source ecosystem.
The successful candidate will also need:
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to produce technically accurate copy that is lively, accessible and enjoyable to read
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to co-ordinate equipment loans, freelance commissions and forward features.
- The ability to establish good relationships with a large number of client and PR contacts within the industry, ensuring that we have access to the latest review kit, interviews and exclusives.
- A knowledge of the open source landscape, it’s major players and the software and technologies behind it.
- To be a competent Linux user with skills covering at least one major distro and a sound understanding of the industry
- Be able to attend occasional meetings and press launches with clients in the UK and abroad.
Sound like you? Then we’d like to talk to you now.
Email us in the strictest confidence to email@example.com (for the role of Features Editor only)
A full list of vacancies can be found on the Imagine Publishing homepage.