The app is half price in the Play Store on launch day (21 June), at £1.49 or $1.99.
SwiftKey learns what you type as you type, and is able to provide the best and most accurate prediction and auto-correction of any keyboard. It is even able to detect mistyped or omitted spaces across strings of words.
In addition there are two new themes, ‘Cobalt’, to match SwiftKey’s new look and feel, and an Ice Cream Sandwich-styled ‘Holo’ theme, as voted for by SwiftKey’s VIP community, as well as an enhanced UI with larger space bar and smart punctuation key.
The beta for SwiftKey 3 launched back in April, and has been refined based on the feedback of over 65,000 testers. The changes made include
- A dedicated comma key, and the <123> key in the bottom-left corner.
- Refined Smart Punctuation pop-up for better, more consistent behaviour.
- Improved Smart Space functionality for easier email addresses and URL entry.
- Reduced lag on some devices for a more responsive experience.
- Reintroduction of the long-press duration setting by popular request.
- Further improved prediction algorithms for even more accurate next word suggestions.
- Updated gestures for easier shortcuts.
SwiftKey 3 is available for both phone and tablet. Its predecessor SwiftKey X was downloaded more than five million times, and was named Most Innovative App at the Global Mobile Awards 2012.