There’s a great new upgrade coming out for the Raspberry Pi that can provide it with power via the Ethernet connection: the Pi PoE Switch HAT. It’s an add-on board that brings the Pi Supply Switch technology together with power-over-Ethernet all in one fantastic package.
You can now power your Raspberry Pi and provide an Ethernet connection in any location with just a single cable – perfect for removing the clutter of wires and for reliable use in remote locations.
Currently, the Kickstarter is doing extremely well after reaching 100% funded in just 20 hours.
Created by Pi Supply, the Pi PoE has been in development for just under a year. The PCB design is already finalised and tested, and is working great, and Pi Supply have production-ready prototypes working correctly, so manufacture is ready to start as soon as this campaign is completed.
Some of the Pi PoE features include:
- Intelligent power management with on-board microcontroller
- Fully assembled with no soldering required
- Configurable on-board button for switching on/off
- Powers the Pi over GPIO pins and sends Ethernet signal to Pi using a patch cable
- Leaves all GPIO pins free for use with another add-on boards
Pledges for the Pi PoE Switch HAT reward start at £30 for one fully assembled kit – get yours now.