This part of the year is always an exciting time to be an Android enthusiast, and this year is no different. IFA 2014, taking place in Berlin from 5 to 10 September, is set to be the best yet for Android users, as the likes of Sony, Samsung, Huawei and ASUS are all set to take the stage to show off their products. We’ve put together a quick guide at what you can expect to see announced at IFA 2014.
- We already know that Samsung will be announcing the Galaxy Note 4 at IFA, but what it consists of is still anybody’s guess. We reckon it’ll include an octa-core processor and follow the same metal build of the recently announced Galaxy Alpha. Expect it to be released soon after its announcement as well. There’s also news of Samsung’s new smartwatch, the Samsung Gear S.
- There’s been several leaks on the LG G Watch R(including our very own guide to it) and it looks set to compete against the Moto 360 for the title of best smartwatch. LG are also lining up the announcement of their cut-price phablet, the LG G3 Stylus.
- ASUS are keen to get in the smartwatch glory hunt with their own Zenwatch. Little is known about the device itself, so it’ll be interesting to see what it offers. We could also potentially see a new ASUS Pad announced.
- The beautiful Ascend Mate 7 is set to be Huawei’s new flagship device. It’s going to be packing a premium design and high performance specifications, but little is known an regional availability and price.
- There’s also the Sharp Aquos Crystal, which looks to be the world’s first bezeless phone.
Away from IFA, Motorola will be holding their own event on 4 September, where we will see the announcement of the Moto 360, a new Moto X and a follow-up to the Moto G.
To see previews and reviews of the latest devices to hit the shelves, make sure to pickup the latest issue of Android Magazine.