DoubleTwist brings iTunes closer to the Android platform and makes it feel as if the software was designed for Android. It is incredibly quick to use and very reliable as our annotated guide shows.
- Once you have installed DoubleTwist and connected up your Android device to your PC, you should see it listed in the left-hand column. Click the folders to see what media is already installed.
- You should set up a new Playlist just for your Android device. This lets you keep track of the amount of media you are synchronising with the device and also keeps everything organised.
- DoubleTwist lets you synchronise music, videos and photos and you can choose exactly what you want to sync separately. This gives you a great deal of control over the process.
- You can double check what you are syncing before the process starts. You can either synchronise all of your media or selected tracks, videos and photos.
- A progress bar shows the progress as it works through. If you are synchronising a lot of media, it can take a long time to complete, but patience will pay off in the end.
- You can make sure you are not overloading your Android device by checking the memory bar at the bottom. It shows what has been used and how much space is remaining.