Android L Design
– Android L will be based on bold colours, with big emphasis on shadows.
– Chrome and Android merging together in design to unify platforms.
– New framework for app design, making iteasier for developing for tablets, c
Chromebooks and phones at the same time.
– Developers can now create animations on any screen and integrate them in a variety of ways.
– Guidelines revamped to highlight typography and animations.
Android L Key Features
– Enhanced notifications: Streamlined notification system that can be interacted with while in any app. Lock screen of your phone will now display top notifications that your phone will put in order.
– Permanent Unlocking: Your phone will unlock it if it recognises you through use of smartwatch or other Bluetooth items.
– Mobile Web: Deeper integration with Google Now with cards restyled and redesigned. Chrome tabs are now integrated with mobile tabs to create a seamless experience. Users can now follow Google Earth links to certain Google searches; great if looking for details on specific location.
– Battery Saver mode: The ultimate hub for tracking battery usage and generally improving battery life. Can increase average battery life by a couple of hours.
– Security innovation: Vastly improved malware protection throughout Google experience. Security patches every six weeks via Google Play services and protection against unwanted factory resets.
For in-depth news, reviews and feaures on all things Android, pick up the 100 per cent unofficial monthly guide Android Magazine.