Okay, so it still isn’t Key Lime Pie, but Google finally unveiled the next update to the Android operating system. Android 4.3 isn’t a monumental update, but includes a series of smaller changes which are a welcome addition. Here’s everything that was included in the latest update:
- Restricted profiles can be created to limit access to certain apps and in-app purchases.
- Bluetooth Smart introduced to be less draining on your phone’s battery.
- OpenGL ES 3.0 support which should aid game developers to produce blockbuster titles.
- Switching between user profiles is much faster.
- Redesigned camera interface.
Android 4.3 release date
Nexus 7, Nexus 4, Nexus 10, and the Galaxy Nexus will see Android 4.3 first, with the rollout beginning today.